Thursday, October 28, 2010

Stuff That We Should Probably Do

Enough is enough!!
The time has come to take back the night!
Know when to say when!
No means no!
etc,etc,etc...
These are some of the most powerful and recognizable statements used in our everyday speech, but they have been over worked, bastardized and taken for granted. I say the time has come to give them a new lease on life and use them in the ways they were intended (before they were so greedily exploited, without representation... like immigrants)! With this dialogue now open, who knows what we can accomplish, it starts with words, but who knows maybe we could even put a man on the moon!
Without further ado, here are some ways we can still throw these bombastic statements around and not bury them in the English graveyard.

The next time I'm chillin' at the old cafe and the waitress comes around to see if I could use some more black stimulant juice I will look at her sternly and say, "Enough is Enough" and then make a slicing motion across my throat (to indicate the hot coffee is burning the swallowing tubes), this way she definitively knows that I have finished and would like my check when she has the time.

My new morning greeting while on my a.m. stroll will be, "The time has come to take back the night!"; and I am gonna pump my fist in the air (three times). Everyone who meets me on my walk will realize how much I enjoy going for a walk on a nice sunny day (this one will be contagious, I just know it)!

Knowing "when to say when" can be truly delicate as it depends entirely upon the conversation and the speakers involved. If it happens to be a couple of old grannies at the crafting store regaling one another with some far fetched anecdote of the time they knitted a blanky for one of their beloved (and since forgotten) grand children there is a bit more lee way, because they are old and cant remember shit.
If it happens to be your number one sweet lady and she keeps nagging you and saying "when are you doing this, when are you doing that, when are you..." just turn to her and say, "honey... know when to say when" and then make that slicing motion across your throat again (to let her know the Campbell's Tomato Soup that she made for dinner... again, is too hot).

"No means no," can only be used in political context from now on; otherwise no can still mean yes or maybe a little later or after the ghb kicks in. Those are also kind of political I guess, but what the hell this is America and we are making the decisions here!

Lets retire the "etc, etc, etc..." altogether, it's annoying as hell! When someone is mid-story and then busts out the "etc, etc, etc.." its like, why did you even fucking bother, your story sucks and I probably don't want to hear that part of your shitty story about some dumbass thing you did; if this were being done to curtail the conversation, maybe it would still have validity, but you keep dragging it on and on and on.... no more please.
Etc, etc, etc... is done from now on, either make sure it is a tale worthy of being told in its entirety or stop wasting our time so we don't have to do the faked laugh and smile business... I hate that shit!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day! (I stole that from some old lady's blog about crafting, she ends every post with that... awesome!)

No comments:

Post a Comment