Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Decisions and Vomit

Yeah Buddy! There are days where everything just comes together like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich!
Today I realized not only is it awesome to drink good beer... it's even cooler to drink a bunch of good beer, look down at your bloated beergrancy belly and decide to do a bad ass ab workout!
This was definitely one of my better decisions of late (yelling at the chick with the pitbull who almost attacked me and walking down Vliet Street on the 1st were also pretty good).
Who could have imagined that attempting situps with a gastronomical amount of beer in ones gullet would lead to such trouble?
I for one assumed that drinking alone all evening and eating "organic" swamp weed (or whatever the fuck it was) was not only good for the bod, but also my soul (if I have one).
Prior to the "workout" there was a lot of gyration and convulsing during the big football game and maybe  that had a little something to do with my current state of fetal alcohol kneeling (get it F.A.D., cause drinking and puking, goddammit there goes the build up, are so sweet right now.)
Now that I fucked that all up... I decided I was feelin a little "thick" in the middle and should do some ab shit, turns out that was total bs and I should have sat my stupid ass back down; but no, I was reveling in victory and needed to prove to myself that I still got it. I definitely don't got it! When did this happen? I used to be super kick ass, I could get all drunk and then run sprints in the alley or be blacked out and do pushups til the sun came up! Now I drink a few beers and fall asleep in the chair like some middle aged desk jockey who is all burnt out from paper work and taking the kids to soccer practice. Fuck all this, I am thirty three years young! Is this what getting older is about? Being a pussy ass baby who can't hold his liquor? It was only a couple of situps. There are solutions to this issue, but since I probably won't do shit about the root problem (the weak stomach, not the drinking) there is really no need to discuss this any further.
In a way I still got the ab workout in and since all the beer was sent down the old porcelain shit swallower.... no need to burn those calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment