Saturday, November 13, 2010

Southern Fried Speakin

Savannah, GA I think it's 2010, but could be 1984
Picture this being written with a slow Southern drawl, you know the kind that makes you sound more smarter.
Damn I ain't even seen no alligators yet.
They sure is lotta zombies down this here way.
Hey man, ya'll talk funny... where you from?
The boat leaves round three or five o'clock.
I'd appreciate it if ya'll wouldn't curse in front o my wife.
Oh, you know how them coon dawgs'll get ta howlin!
You see the titties on that one, woo wee lawd!
Ya'll want grits wit them?
That boy crazier than a shine on Sunday!
That beer gonna be more sweeter, cause it's from Atlanta.

What the hell are these people talking about? I may be from Wisconsin where we speak like Canadians on meth, but come on! I can't understand a god damn thing these people say, but the more they drink the more I understand; their drunk is my sober (that's what happens when you cross the Mason Dixon Line). What's even crazier is the more I drink the better they understand me? I don't even understand what the fuck I am saying when I'm blasted and these backwoods sister fuckers are waxing eloquent about moonshinen and noodlin! This chick just told me the special of the day and I think she mentioned something about poop and corn bread?

No comments:

Post a Comment